Friday, April 24, 2009

The Great Depression Video

Song: Darkness


Artist: Disturbed


For this video, I was originally planning on using the song “Land of Confusion” to show the problems and struggles of the Bonus Marchers. In my head I saw certain pictures matching to parts of the song so I made it accordingly. A short ways in I decided that pictures of the Bonus Marchers alone were not going to be enough so I started adding more pictures of the Depression in general to give the video some depth. However, after I was mostly finished with the video, I started to think that perhaps the song was almost too upbeat for the time so I found another song by the same artist which was more quiet and sullen. When I added the new song, it seemed to fit really well with the pictures that I had already placed so I decided to call it good there. In the end, my purpose in this was to show the struggles of not only the Bonus Marchers but also the struggles of all Americans during this time.

No comments: